Here I am, with You

Here I am, with You
are you here with me?

Monday, June 15, 2009

Finding (y)ourself

you wish to find yourself, so you look....
you look in the dark places, you look in the light...
you look in the deep places, you look during high flight...
you look in the clearest mirrors, you look through a puddle of mud and stone...
you look like a maiden sprightly and new, you look like a wise old crone...

I looked in the valley alone and free to roam
I looked on the mountain so far away from home
I looked at sea, no island in sight
I looked and wept into the vastness of still night

we looked as the the sun rose
we looked as it set
we looked betwixt and between in the dusk silhouette

in all the looking, finding was not found
what I started out looking for was as rigid as the ground...

I was in the tear that fell from the eye
I was in the sunset that brought forth long open sigh
I was in the dust that covered traveling feet
I was in the ripe fruit reached for in the tree
I was in the seedpod in the valley found
I was the wind dancing and the whoooshing sound

there is no separation, really between you and me
if we can all find each other we open this reality
a possibility is inherent in this humble rhyme

let's remember we are connected in this space, in this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment